Tuesday, July 16, 2013

SOS110 - another very shiny Christmas card

Good morning! This week on Shopping Our Stash we want you to pull out your weirdest crafty purchase and actually use it!
Well, I bought all kinds of things after seeing other people doing cool things with them - cork coasters, cupcake liners (these I actually used - at least once). Last Christmas I saw these beautiful coasters in Winners and I just have to get some too.. not to use as coasters, but for cards. Then I somehow thought that they are quite thick for cards, so I just took them out from time to time and looked at them. Now when I finally opened the package I realized that there is not 6, but 16 of them, and they are just a bit thicker than cardstock - so I can happily use them :)

I kept the coaster as a focal point, just glittered all the edges and popped up the ornament in the middle. The background papers are from K&Co and it's all adhered on gold cardstock. So 1 card done and 14 more coasters to use... I wonder, what could I use them for next.... maybe coasters? :)

I'm also entering it into these challenges:
Crafting when we can - Christmas in July
My Craft Spot - Christmas in July
Simply Create Too - Christmas in July

9 comments:

Jessi Fogan said...

Hey, there you go! They are gorgeous! And using them as coasters...psssh. Silly idea :)

Sherrie K. said...

So pretty! The papers are beautiful and love the stitching!
Thanks so much for joining us at My Craft Spot's Christmas in July challenge!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Robin said...

It's very lovely ~ not a weird purchase at all. Thanks so much for joining us at Crafting When We Can and good luck! Hugs, Robin

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

Hi Alica: Your card is so beautiful! I did the same thing but unlike you, my DIL and bought a whole CASE together--I still take them out occasionally to see if I get an idea! So, thank you--I love what you did--think I'll 'card-lift' --well, 'coaster-lift' yours--OK?

Also,thank you for joining our “Christmas in July” Challenge #41.

Diane
Simply Create Too Design Team Member
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

Kate said...

This is gorgeous! I never would have guessed it was a coaster. What a clever idea - and one that results in quite an elegant card!

Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

Kate
Small Bits of Paper

lauren bergold said...

oh my gosh! alica! those coasters are GORGEOUS and so is your card! i think you could happily make 14 more cards OR use some of the coasters as coasters or... if you can punch them with the crop-o-dile, and write on the back with a sharpie, some of them would make amazingly glitzy gift tags, wouldn't they?! ♥♥♥

Amanda said...

Very pretty card! Ty for sharing with us @ Simply Create Too


Amanda
SCTDT
cricktncrafts.blogspot.com

Gwen said...

Wow this is so beautiful! Thanks for joining us at My Craft Spot this week!

Gwen

http://thisandthatbygwen.blogspot.com

HappyCrafter said...

Ha ha ha, don't we all do that shopping and hoarding thing, and then wonder what to do with that "fabulous" purchase, LOL!? You did a really nice job here, and I think that coaster is a very pretty accent/key feature to the card.

Post a Comment