Tuesday, August 27, 2013

SOS116 - Fish for a Guy

Good morning! We have a new challenge at Shopping Our Stash and this week our theme is For The Boys.
..and here is my card:

I finally pulled out my By The Tide stamps from SU (I just had to have them and then I just looked at them for months and didn't make a single thing ) - I bought this after seeing this fabulous card from Julie Gearinger (which I now CASE-d). Sentiment is from another SU set.
Background started as "blow the ink through straw" technique - but I didn't like the results very much - the colors were too dark, even though I used reinkers from the lightest colors...so I sprayed it with water and smooshed it with baby wipe to get the extra ink of and to dry it more quickly. I did the same thing after stamping the script (looked too dark and uniform).

I'm entering it into these challenges:
C is for Challenge - animals
Hiding in My Craft Room - masculine birthday
Inspired by Stamping - masculine
Crazy 4 challenges - animals
Craft Room Challenge - something new (new stamp set and new (to me) background technique)

11 comments:

lauren bergold said...

oh WOW♥WOW♥WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is utterly amazing, missus!!!! what an incredibly rich and beautiful and inky and artful background, especially! you are kind of making me want to LEARN A TECHNIQUE!!!! inconceivable!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)

Jessi Fogan said...

I am in love with how the background turned out! Completely awesome. (And glad I'm not the only one who buys something coveted & then stares at it, lol)

Andrea W said...

Love the colors and how you used the stamp set. Very cool guy card!

Debi said...

I've been tempted to add this set to my stash after seeing Julie's cards :-) you've done a brilliant take on her card, love the vibrancy, thanks for sharing with us at Craft Room challenge, Debi x

Mervi said...

Fabulous fish card,beautiful design.
Thank you for sharing at Craft-Room Challenge, good luck;-))m

Glimpses of My Heart said...

Oh wow!! This is amazing. Love the colors! They blend so well and just look perfect! That fish is great. This is such a great guy card! Nicely done!
Blessings,
Michelle

Robyn Oliver said...

Love your fish card Alica, great colours

paige said...

Beautiful colors on the images! Fabulous card design1

Unknown said...

Wonderful colors and this layout is so cool. I would like to thank you for entering my 'C... is for challenge' blog and I wish you good luck in the draw.
Hugs,
Anna xxx

Cathy said...

Gorgeous card, the colours are amazing and I love the fish :) Cathy x

Joanna M - Inspired by Stamping said...

What a great masculine card! I love the colors! Hugs, Joanna

Post a Comment