Tuesday, September 23, 2014

SOS170 - Leafy Waterfall Card

This week's challenge at Shopping Our Stash is called Shower Time and we would like you to get inspired by your shower curtain. Since mine is plain creamy white, I used Leslie's:


I was thinking about leaves and squares and a waterfall card came to my mind - so here it is:
and another view:
I used a retired SU set called French Foliage, Bo Bunny papers from last year (I found a brand new pack of it in my stash...imagine that{ :)} )  and color scheme from Sunday Stamps challenge:
More Challenges:
Oldie but Goodie: Autumn
Outlawz Thursday Challenge - anything goes with twist of First Day of Fall

11 comments:

lauren bergold said...

oh wow, i LOVE that cool waterfall design and you've totally captured the vibe and color of the leaves and squares in the curtain, as well! love it!

Leslie Hanna said...

This is GORGEOUS! I think I've made a waterfall card - once. They are so much work (for me, anyway), but yours turned out ... GORGEOUS! :)

Paper Cake Trail said...

This card is absolutely amazing. I have yet to try the waterfall style card. Thanks for sharing this beauty with us over at Sunday Stamps.

Barbara Godden said...

Wow a waterfall card, awesome job, great take on the shower curtain challenge.

Donna said...

Great idea to make a waterfall card based on a nature themed shower curtain! Love it!!

Leena Girsa said...

What a fabulous card! Waterfall cards are such fun and you've used one of my all-time favourite stamp sets :) I love the way you incorporated the colours in our challenge...thanks for playing along at Sunday STamps this week :)

Chana Malkah said...

Beautifully designed and executed, Alicia! I love how you elevated the elements of the shower curtain to a design that is sophisticated and modern. Very nicely crafted!
Hugz,
Chana

Chris Dring said...

I've never tried to make a waterfall card, but you make it look soooo easy! This is beautiful, Alica!

OttawaMom said...

Beautiful waterfall card! Great idea to use the pattern of the shower curtain as inspiration for your card. Thanks so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps!

NJ Stamping Queen said...

Wow! What a fantastic waterfall card using the Sunday Stamps color scheme! We are so glad you shared it in our gallery--thanks so much for playing along with us!
:) Marie

Hofkissed said...

What a great card - waterfall cards always add a lot of interest! Love the glimmer paper and the stamp set… it's one of my all-time favs. Thanks for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps!

Post a Comment